Underdog® x Silktouch Soft Bra
- 94% TENCEL™ Modal x Micro Air, 6% elastane
- All natural, ultra soft stretch fabric provides comfort for all silhouettes
- Adjustable straps, removable padding with a hook-and-eye closure
- Subtle three wolves print on the inside
- Eco-friendly fabric is breathable, lightweight and unfavourable for bacterial growth
- Long lasting, durable with good colour retention
- Made from beech wood and biodegradable
- Ethical and sustainable productions which use less energy and water
Using the same fabric as our best selling Silktouch Collection, Underdog is Tani's charitable project. Proceeds will be donated to our partnering charities.
The unique three wolves design is by Jody Asano, an American multi-disciplinary artist currently based in Tokyo. Grey wolves are the wild ancestors of domesticated dogs. Once widespread across most of North America, they almost became extinct due to ruthless hunting. Years of strong conservation efforts have restored some of the wild wolves population in their former habitat.
a play on words...Combining the specialty of Tani - UNDERwear, with our love of animals, especially DOGs. In English, the word "underdog" is often referred to the weaker party, the less fortunate in the society.
everyone loves an underdog...is the charitable arm of Tani Japan. Proceeds from the sale of this collection will go to fund projects that raise awareness and offer financial help to the underprivileged.
Dog Shelter, Tokyo, Japan
Sales proceeds (after deducting production cost) from the Underdog project in Japan will go to fund Tokyo-based Dog Shelter <dogshelter.jp>
Dog Shelter was founded by Mrs Mina Kataoka in 2006. The small organization is run by volunteers only. Every dog they take in undergoes thorough medical check and home fostering before being matched to their new permanent home. Every prospective dog owner and their home are also vetted by the team.
Dog Shelter has re-homed over 900 dogs in the Kanto and Kansai area. Only 2 dogs have ever been returned to Dog Shelter following their formal adoption, testament to Mrs Kataoka and her team's serious and thorough work.